WORLD CLASS ENGINEERING
- Oversaw the
engineering of Mobile Robots as VP of Engineering of the 1st Autonomous
Robot to be offered on the commercial Market. This Demming Autonomous Mobile Robot
roamed the office and warehouse avoiding obstacles and people while re-routing in real-time
due to blockages.
- Designed and implemented Mobile Guidance &
Navigation Operating Systems for Apollo's Lunar Module Simulator and the Navy's Deep
Submergence Rescue Vehicle (submarine to rescue downed submarines) as Research Engineer
in the Aero & Astro Department of MIT.
- Developed and later directed the world's most
widely used CAD/CAM software used to design and build aircraft, automobiles, buildings,
infrastructure, electronics, et cetera as VP of Technology when Computervision
was a Fortune 500 Company.
- Founded and led a speech recognition research
company (and got Exxon Enterprises to invest) as President. That company, Verbex,
according to IEEE Spectrum, led the world with the fewest errors (2/1000) in limited, isolated
spoken digit recognition and which ultimately became the underlying mathematical foundation
of Siri's speech recognition techology, today.
BROAD FINANCIAL KNOWHOW
- As entrepreneur, founder, and president, took
a software tools venture, in four years, from the kitchen table to an Initial Public
Offering (IPO), National Listing, on the NASDAQ.
- As Adjunct Faculty, taught the MBA course,
Economic Analysis of Manufacturing at the University of California, San Diego.
- As a frequent Guest on National Television
(Financial News Network, later acquired by MSNBC) was interviewed about High Technology
- As Guest Lecturer, gave a five part series on
policies to foster and regulate High Technology ventures at the Financial
Policy Institute of People's University in Beijing
- As Management Consultant to Motorola, worked
with their Chairman, "Bob" Galvin, to reorganize their $60 million/year venture
capital investment operations.
- As Consultant to DuPont, designed and enabled
a "skunk works" team within a nylon factory resulting in a two fold
improvement in the Mean Distance Between (production) Breaks that became
a Harvard Business Case, "Step Change at Du Pont's Camden Plant."
DEEP CHINA EXPERIENCE
- As Co-leader, greeted by JIANG ZeMin at The Great
Hall of the People for bringing China's 1st CAD/CAM systems which was
reported on that evening's CCTV Nightly News.
- Lead representative for China at the Kauffman
Foundation's 2008 Global Entrepreneurship Symposium held in Boston.
- As Lecturer, taught MBA courses on Corporate
and International Finance and Project Management at Universities at Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities
- Was Keynote Speaker at the China Entrepreneurship
Network's Annual Business Awards at the University of Michigan.
- At the University of Michigan and Wayne State
University (in Detroit), spoke on China's Rural Reconstruction, A New China Market in the
Making, and Mao's lessons for marketing.
- Authored a chapter on MAO's civil war
leadership emphasizing entrepreneurial lessons; later translated into Chinese.
- Organized the well-attended Beijing Expat
Culture Conference, "Bridging the Cultural Gap - Key to Success" in China.